*3 lbs. stew meat, cut into ¾ inch pieces
*1 ½ baking potatoes, cubed
*3 onions, sliced
*1 ½ cans sliced carrots
*1 ½ cans peas
*1 ½ cans tomato soup
*2 cups water
*1 ½ tsp. salt
*1/2 tsp. pepper
*2 bay leaves
1. Layer first 5 ingredients in a 6 quart slow-cooker.
2. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over layered ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 ½-5 hours, or until meat and veggies are tender.
4. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
This stove top soup is really as well and is especially good when paired with some cheese quesadillas!!
Turkey Tortilla Soup
*1 cup purchased red or green salsa
*2 14-ounces cans reduced sodium chicken broth
*1 pound ground turkey, browned
*1 large zucchini, coarsely chopped
* Lime wedges (optional)
*Sour cream and Cilantro (optional)
1. In a large saucepan combinesalsa and chicken broth; bring to boiling over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey and zucchini; heat through.
3. Serve in bowls topped with tortilla strips, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Hope you and your family are finding ways to stay warm! What are your favorite hot comfort foods?