Monday, April 19, 2010

Sweet Springtime Recipe

I just HAVE to share this really easy and SUPER delicious recipe! My good friend, Eli shared this with me about a year ago and I'm not really sure why I waited so long to try it out...we've been missin' out big time! This recipe for Hawaiian Chicken is one of the best recipes I think I've ever tried. Seriously, y'all, the flavor is so good and the meat is so tender that it pretty much just melts in your mouth. YUM-O! We love to pair it with some flavored rice and summer veggies or a salad.

Hawaiian Chicken


*6 Chicken Breasts
*1 1/2-2 Cups Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
*1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
*2 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
*1/3 Cup Splenda
*1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder or Salt

1. Combine all ingredients (except chicken) and mix well.
2. Poke holes in chicken using a fork. (I usually leave this step out and can't really tell a difference in the end result.)
3. Cover chicken completely with mixture, adding pineapple juice if necessary.
4. Marinate for 24 hours.
5. Grill or bake chicken until done.

One of my very favorite things about prep for this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and freeze it in the marinade.

I usually try to thaw it for about 24-36 hours before I cook it. I also cut the chicken breasts in half before marinating and freezing.

Fix a plate and imagine you're on a beach somewhere. *sigh*
-Sarai

Related Posts with Thumbnails