Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An IKEA treasure...

It seems like all of us simple girls have an idea of an easy way to store and organize our ribbon. I will be honest here, of the three simple girls who post here, I am probably the most organization challenged. I have a hard time wrapping my little brain around how to organize things, but every once in a while I have a pretty good idea. It did not hurt that I had just recently made a trip to one of my favorite stores...IKEA!

While strolling through the aisles, I came across this little goodie. It's official use is a holder for a roll of paper for kids art projects. I looked at this and figured I could transform my ribbon mess into an organized piece of art. And it did not hurt that it only cost $5.99. Totally worth it! Here is my before picture of how my ribbon was organized:


This was certainly not a functional way to use and store my ribbon, which I happen to think is pretty fabulous. After sorting through it for ribbon I used often, for patterns I enjoyed and then scraps that could possibly be used in other ways, I put them on my new treasure and this is the final result.




The ribbon fits great, there is a place to hang scissors to cut and I have loved being able to see all my beautiful ribbon in one place. So head over to my favorite place, IKEA and see what treasures you might find!

Happy Day!

brooke

Related Posts with Thumbnails