Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Office: The Skinny Latte Scoop

When deciding on a paint color for the office, I went back and forth between a beige and a grey for a while. Then, I had to choose a specific shade of beige. Do you even know how many shades of beige there are?? I had to narrow it down to something neutral, something classy, something classic, something that would go perfectly with all my black and white accents.

And then it hit me: paint your walls the same color as your coffee. Let me just say that, in the words of my husband, I like "creamer, sugar and a little bit of coffee". When I found the color called "Skinny Latte", I knew it was the perfect match!

Here are some progress shots, from beginning to end, for several views in the office.
The first picture is the true before...before anything had been moved or transformed.
The second picture is the room once everything was off the walls and the smaller furniture was removed.
The third picture was taken after I had puttied all the holes. No, the room does not have the chicken pox. No, I did not have a clue as to what I was doing when I moved posters and pictures and clocks and more posters a million times in the past 5 years. Yes, it took a long time to putty and sand all those holes. Yes, there were at least 160 holes in the wall. Yes, one hundred sixty.
The fourth picture is the after shot. Between the putty holes and the after picture, there was a coat of primer and 2 coats of paint. But that's boring and you're not missing out by not seeing a picture of it, promise.
(You can click on the pictures to enlarge them).




Here are some other things that got a paint facelift.

These shutters went from UGLY brown to glossy back thanks to 4 cans of 96 cent spray paint from Wal-Mart and 1 can of glossy top coat spray paint.


Here's a before and after of my sewing table. You can read more about that process here.


I forgot to take a picture of this table before I started. It used to be a craft table, so the top was formerly glue, paint and scratch covered. I sanded and sanded and varnished and varnished and am so pleased with my shiny new table top. The bottom of the table was originally white. Then, I painted it light blue (to match the old office colors) and wrote inspirational words around the top with a silver sharpie marker. Not exactly sure what I was thinking there, but it was nothing a little sanding and black paint couldn't cover up.


For those of you who are not quite sick of reading about my office project just yet, stay tuned for all the organizational solutions I put to work in here. See you next time!

-Sarai
Related Posts with Thumbnails