Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shower the people you love with love...

This weekend I had the honor of hosting a shower for my dear friend Kristi and her much anticipated daughter, Isabella Marissa. Isa's nursery does not have a set theme, so what better theme to celebrate the arrival of a little girl than pink and brown polka dots. I really find a lot of joy in sprucing up my house and welcoming friends in. This shower definitely had the best of all good things...good food, good friends and good fellowship. Here is a little peek...

I made a simple banner with scrapbook paper from our friend, Hobby Lobby, and added those little cutouts of onesies, which I found at The Dollar Tree.

Isabella's nickname, Isa, is framed with dollar frames from Michael's, which I painted white and sanded a little to have a vintage look. I backed them in brown and pink scrapbook paper and added the letters in pink. They are hanging from some brown and pink ribbon I got out of the clearance bin at Michael's. Overall this project cost around $4.00 to make. Kristi was excited to add these to Isabella's nursery!

My friend, Julie, put her talents to use and made a great diaper cake which served as the centerpiece for the gift table. I love the touch of the fresh flowers coming from the center! Great job, Julie!


When it comes to food I usually have the army mentality, I try to feed an army...but this time I really tried to be realistic and not go overboard. The menu included apples and caramel dip, veggies and spinach dip, a pineapple cheese ball, homemade chicken salad and pasta salad. For a little something sweet, I made a trio of mini cupcakes, pumpkin with cream cheese icing, brownie bites and yellow cake with chocolate icing. I used some place cards to label the food and some simple vases with ribbon attached to add a little something special to the table. I was even able to get some more flowers from my garden! My favorite touch for the table were the paper lanterns I found at the Dollar Spot at Target. I added the polka dots and hung them with some cute ribbon.

For the favors, I created a candy buffet and left each guest a sippy cup to fill with sweet treats. I tried to get colorful and fun treats. The guests really seemed to enjoy this special treat!


To add a few more special touches, I used receiving blankets as the table cloths and plain candles wrapped in coordinating pink and brown ribbons. Simple ways to add some personal touches to any shower.

This simple Sunday afternoon shower was the perfect way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of such a precious blessing. And a great reminder that...

~Brooke
Related Posts with Thumbnails