Monday, August 31, 2009

What's In the Works?

I've got several blog-worthy projects in the works, but none quite ready to share in their entirety. So, I thought I'd give you a sneak peek into what I've got going on.

My mom and I are hosting a baby shower for my brother and his wife (who are expecting a little girl in November) and we are all about making it cute and festive and fun and homemade and easy on the wallet!! We've had so much fun browsing sites and coming up with decor ideas and then turning them into projects we can do together. And let me tell you, we have done ALL KINDS of thinking outside of the box on this one, people! For example, exhibit A:

The shower's theme involved pink, green and brown...and we're dressing up THESE fruit and veggie cans as part of the decor. The shower is in a month and after it's all said and done, I'll be filling you in on all the cost-effective and creative ideas we're using to pull off one amazing adorable afternoon!

And now, I move on to these beauties...

These 2 solid wooden chairs belong to my husband. In college, he decided to cover the ugly green and brown original colors with this oh-so-lovely cow printed contact paper. Considering these chairs still remain in seemingly good working order, I thought I'd rid them of their farming days and dress them up with some pretty fabric and paint for our living room. It's still a work in progress, and I'm telling you, that you won't even recognize these babies when I'm finished with them!!

That's what's in the works for now...be on the lookout for some pretty big "After" reveals coming up soon!

Have a wonderful week!
-Sarai
Related Posts with Thumbnails