Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll Drink to That


Recently we hosted a Mexican-inspired shower for some friends. Our small group served up a taco bar, which worked out great especially since it was a co-ed affair.

Or in the words of our home's heroine, Dora the Explorer... it was delicioso!

The big hit of the night, though, seemed to be the punch. When I spotted this recipe over on the LPM blog, I knew it would fit the coffee loving dad and mom-to-be. I didn't know, however, that all the other guests would be joking that they wanted to attach a handle to the punch bowl and turn it up!

Not to mention, except that I am, I got my mismatched set of punch glasses for a dime a piece at a new thrifty favorite. They are lovely! Perhaps they deserve their own post...

But back to the drink itself... :)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1 cup of boiling water
8 cups of milk
Chocolate and vanilla ice-cream to taste (about 1 quart or more total)
*I doubled this recipe for what you see above.

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and coffee. Stir in boiling water until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, pour coffee mixture into a one gallon punch bowl. Stir in milk and add ice-cream until melted. That simple.

Yummy compliments...
Chocolate covered frozen bananas and pineapple upside down cupcakes.

Yep, delicioso!
~Katrina
Related Posts with Thumbnails