Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow Day Comfort

It has been a Winter Wonderland here in good ole' North Carolina for the past week and it seems that more is headed our way. When I am stuck in the house, I tend to like to cook some real comfort food. Although I did not fix this casserole for this most recent snowed in weekend, I think I might have to make a quick stop at the grocery store for the ingredients for this weekends icy mess. So whether you are snowed in like me, need a quick and yummy recipe for the weekend or just like to try new things, I hope you enjoy! I am aware that a lot of you are probably familiar with this recipe, but if not, you really have to give it a try!


Poppy seed Chicken


Ingredients:

2 or 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into small pieces

1 16 oz. container of Sour Cream

2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup

2 tablespoons of poppy seeds ( or more, I tend to like to load them in)

Ritz Crackers

1 stick of butter


Mix the first 4 ingredients and put in a baking dish. Cover with crushed Ritz Crackers. Melt the stick of butter and pour on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.




Enjoy and stay warm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails