Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Fall, Y'All!

Yesterday, in honor of the First Day of Autumn, I spent a little time adding some fall touches here and there around the house. This time of year gets me all excited about what is to come...family celebrations and vacations for Thanksgiving, all things Christmas and, of course, getting to have my house decorated according to the current holiday for nearly 4 whole months! I love it! A few weeks ago, Katrina posted some of the fall touches she added to their humble abode so I thought I do the same!

I dressed up the hallway with some simple things. I tied a ribbon around the lampshade for a pop of color, tied some twine around a votive candle holder and topped it off with a simple gerbera daisy.

I carried the theme from the hallway into the living room with the same twine and flower idea.

This picture's a little blurry, but it's the only way I could show off the spookiness of these adorable little tea light Jack-O-Lanterns!

I planted lots of marigolds a while back and was glad that they came up in abundance! Some clippings arranged in clear, tall skinny vases provide a sweet look on the mantle.

You all might remember this guy from about 25 years ago...think McDonald's Happy Meal! My brother and I had these growing up as our Trick or Treating baskets. I just have to keep them and put them out every year. It brings back lots of great memories!

This wreath just makes me smile. When I bought it for 50 cents in the dollar bin at Target (it was on sale after Christmas) I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but figured I couldn't pass it up! I decided I needed some sort of fall looking wreath by our back door and bought the orange and yellow berries for $1 at Wal-Mart. I finished it off by tying 2 pieces of ribbon on one side and I love the way it turned out!

As a bit of an aside...you'll notice that I'm on a bit of a bow kick here. It's because of this AMAZING tutorial on how to tie a bow. I've been messing up ribbon for years trying to get the perfect bow. Go check it out and prepare to be amazed at the ease of it all!

Happy Fall, Y'All!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails