Sunday, September 27, 2009

Not Just for Muffins Anymore

I try to keep up with meal planning for dinner pretty faithfully, which often helps me keep some affordable variety on the menu. It also helps me not pull my hair out when those inevitable evening cases of the whines roll in. And sometimes the kids are worse. :)

Weekday breakfasts and lunches don't always get such forethought, though. To keep some variety and fun there, we've discovered an easy way you may already know about.

Muffin tins...
Six compartments for an assortment of colorful sampling! It really is a nice, little helper. I don't have to have large quantities of any one food. It helps me regulate the treats or extras like chips or sweets (you can't eat that part of the tin unless you have room left over after filling yourself full of the good stuff). It's great for transporting from here to there. And I can even use it to teach about the food groups and a balanced diet... six spots for whole grains, fruits, veggies, dairy, protein, and other necessities.

You know, like chocolate.

All simple girls know it's only a matter of time before you learn the importance of that food group.

The girls also dig some cookie cutter action.
It's the little things. Don't you love when that's the case?
~Katrina
Related Posts with Thumbnails