Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Special

My husband and I lead a free coffee house and bible study on Wednesday nights for the students at the local college. I've kinda taken over the coffee house portion of the ministry as the coffee lady while one of our student leaders mans the snack area. We offer sodas, Hot Chocolate, Coffee and Chai, but for years, "The Special" has been the most popular beverage of choice. It's a little coffee and a lot of other stuff and it looks a little something like this...

Yes, that's a Kit Kat placed ever so gently into the whipped cream :) The great thing about "The Special" is that it's unique every single time I make it. There's a standard set of ingredients and it's probably pretty close each time. Each student likes it a little different so I'm able to tweak it a little here and there to make it specific to them.

If you're like me you need, I mean, would like to have coffee every day of the year. Maybe you're an occassional coffee drinker. As we ease into the fall months, it's a great time of year for warm toasty beverages, so I thought I'd share the recipe for this yummy creation.

DISCLAIMER: I NEVER MEASURE ANYTHING for this drink. I've come up with the best measurements that I can, but you should know that throwing them all out the window and trying your own thing will probably result in the best possible drink for you personally!

Ingredients
1 heaping scoop of Hot Chocolate (I think the spoon I use is a tablespoon.)
2 teaspoons powder creamer
2 teaspoons sugar
Coffee
3 pumps French Vanilla liquid creamer (or 3 small tubs)
Whipped Cream
Chocolate Syrup
Candy of your choice

Put the dry ingredients in a standard size to-go coffee cup.
Add coffee to about 2 inches from the top of the cup.
Add liquid creamer.
Mix well.
Add whipped cream until your heart's content.
Top with a drizzle of choclate syrup.
Add some candy on the size...you can use the Kit Kat, a candy cane, Twix bar or whatever you want!
Enjoy!

These kids come drooling up to the counter every Wednesday night talking of dreams about this drink and they swear I put some kind of illegal substance in it to keep them coming back for me...but I think that's just the caffiene talking! It's been said that this little mocha flavored creation is better than Starbucks...you be the judge!

-Sarai


Related Posts with Thumbnails