Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's in your garden?

One thing is for sure, I was not blessed with a green thumb. But luckily, I have been blessed with people in my lives who simply look at plants and they grow. I am extra lucky because a dear friend of mine plants a garden in my very own backyard and I get to reap the benefits. This summer it was such a treat to head out and find some fresh veggies to fix for dinner. But perhaps my favorite thing to do is to head out to the garden and cut fresh flowers to share or put around my house. Fresh flowers really add that special touch! I like to try to be creative with the containers I put my flowers in and one of my favorites have become these guys...


Yep, those are Parmesan cheese shakers. I found these at my local dollar store and thought they would be perfect for a flower arrangement. The thing I love about them is the lid. With the premade holes, you can make a perfect and full arrangement without having to think about it too hard.

So, I trekked up to the garden to see what was still in bloom and this is what I found!


After doing a little trimming, well ok a lot of trimming, what I came up with were some great arrangements to add a little splash of color to my house. This took me about 5 minutes to create and the time was well worth it! I love seeing the fresh flowers displayed around the house.



So get creative and come up with some new ideas for your flower arranging. Can't wait to see what you come up with!



Related Posts with Thumbnails