Thursday, September 3, 2009

Not quite simple...

Sorry that this simple gal has been a little MIA these past couple of weeks. As a teacher, the first weeks of school are full of meetings, bulletin boards, parents, late nights, and of course kids! The school year has definitely started out with a bang and life has been anything but simple. This year, I started teaching a 3rd/4th grade combo class. The 4th graders I was teaching were students I taught last year. I was excited about this looping opportunity and the chance for them to be leaders for our new 3rd grade friends. But because of enrollment issues, 4 days into school, I found out I was being switched to a 4th/5th grade combo. All this to say, I have now taught 3 grade levels since school started. And although life has not been simple, I have been reminded over and over again of a simple truth that God has for all of us...

"Nothing, you see, is impossible with God."
Luke 1:36 (The Message)

At times these past days, I have been really wondering just what God was up to in all of this, and thinking He was right on the verge of giving me more than I can handle. But everyday, He has been showing me that nothing is impossible when you believe in Him. So I am thankful for this simple truth...

How has God shown up in your life lately? We would love to hear from you!

Even though I have not had much time to craft and create lately, I did want to share a recipe I made for some friends not too long ago. I did not take pictures at the time, but was able to find a picture on the Kraft Food and Family Website! Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Babies



1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
20 maraschino cherries

HEAT oven to 350ºF.
PREPARE brownie batter as directed on package. Spoon into 20 paper-lined muffin cups.
BEAT cream cheese, sugar, egg, peanut butter and vanilla with mixer until blended. Spoon 1 rounded Tbsp. into center of batter in each cup, pressing down slightly into batter. Bake 30 min. or until centers are set. Cool.
SERVE topped with COOL WHIP and cherries.

(very important to make sure they are cooled...when I made them I was so eager to dig in that I put the Cool Whip on a little early and it melted into a big mess! If you want them to look as cute as the picture, make sure they are completely cooled!)

~Brooke

Related Posts with Thumbnails